300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
What is 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training?
300-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course is an Advanced Training Course, equivalent to Master in Yoga, which is formed to broaden and expand the trainee’s knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Yoga, so as to take the practice and teaching of Yoga to the Master Level.
As per Yoga Alliance USA’s guidelines released on October 1, 2019, a trainee can get 300-hour advanced training without also doing the foundational 200-hour training. But, if a trainee has already completed 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course from an RYS 200 Yoga School, and does additional 300 hr YTTC program, after the course completion, this trainee would complete 500 hour YTTC program, which entitles him/her with the Yoga Alliance credential of RYT 500.
The 300-hour advanced training trains the trainees to teach more advanced, detailed, and refined principles and techniques of yoga with greater and effective skills.
The 300 hrs Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum contains Advanced Asana, Pranayama, Bandha, Mudra, Kriya, Meditation, Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics, Teaching Methodology, and Professional Guidelines, which ought to be taught and trained by well experienced E-RYT 500 Yoga Trainers.
If you are looking for the best 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in the world, which meets Yoga Alliance Standard, our Yoga School would be the best option.
5 reasons why you should choose Adwait Yoga School?
- Adwait Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance USA, World Yoga Alliance, and moreover, an Authentic Yoga School of India, that adheres to the Traditional Lineages of Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, and Vedanta Philosophy.
- This School has numerous E-RYT 500 & YACEP Trainers, who help trainees get versed into the Subjects of Advanced Yoga, in order to achieve the goal of this Advanced Level Yoga Teaching Course.
- The Manual Book which meets and exceeds the core competency of latest 300 hr Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum.
- The Yogic atmosphere at the School’s Center.
- Traditional yet modern scientific approach towards Yoga.
300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
This material shall foster an enhanced understanding and experience as compared to the content of your school's RYS 200 or foundational Techniques, Training and Practice sessions. Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to: asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours must be a mix between: 1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and 2) guided practice of the techniques themselves. Both areas must receive substantial emphasis.
Example Techniques, Training and Practice Topics
The Five Categories of Asana: The trainee will practice and learn the key poses in each category of asana (standing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists, and inversions) and will begin to develop a relationship to both the form and the function of these different categories.
Maps of Alignment: Trainees will achieve comprehension of the alignment maps for each of the five categories of asanas through observation and experience of how the poses in each category share a common foundation, and how to build upon this foundation.
Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to:
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries.
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting.
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting.
- Teaching styles.
- Qualities of a teacher.
- The student learning process.
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal).
Example Teaching Methodology Topics
Principles of Demonstrating Asanas: Discuss how effective demonstrations in class can help emphasize an alignment or other focus for the specific pose or sequence of poses.
Learning Modalities: identifying your dominant style, and learning how to teach based on others’ learning styles.
Use of Language and Voice: Lecture and discussion on active vs. passive language and the effective use of each; positive and conscious communication, and habitual speech and communication patterns.
Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to: human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and may also include energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.).
Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to:
- Further and deeper study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (such as the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika or Bhagavad Gita) than what was included in your school's RYS 200 syllabus content.
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma.
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community.
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others through yoga (seva).
Topics in this category include:
- Practice teaching (does not include assisting, observing or giving feedback).
- Receiving and giving feedback.
- Observing others teaching.**
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching.
*Special Requirement: Each trainee must spend a minimum of 5 Contact Hours actively practice teaching as the lead instructor. These hours may include the time during which the trainee is receiving feedback on his/her teaching. Time spent assisting, observing others teaching, or giving feedback to others is excluded from these hours.
**Evaluation or observation of yoga classes outside of the RYS Teacher Training constitutes Non-Contact Hours.
- Teaching details of Advanced Yoga poses
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise corrections
- Deeper understanding of Hatha Yoga
- Extended practice of Classical Sun Salutations
- Core Refinement
- Advanced Standing Poses
- Advanced Backbends
- Advanced Forward bends
- Advanced Arm Balancing postures
- Advanced Twist Postures
- Advanced Inversion Asanas
- Hip Opening Asanas
- Advanced class planning and sequencing
- Detailed Study of Pranayama
- Extended practice of Anuloma Viloma
- Advanced Meditation
- Advanced Bandha – Mahabandha (The Great Muscular Lock)
- Advanced Mudras – Gestures
- Nature of Yoga Teacher
- Demonstrating & Cuing
- Method to organize Retreats and Workshops
- Teaching Advanced Meditation
- Physical Anatomy
- Yoga Anatomy
- Energy Anatomy
- Tantra Anatomy
- Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Study of Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Study of Buddha’s Eightfold Yoga
- Study of Lankavatar Sutra
Eligibility to join 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course
Anyone, irrespective of religion, caste, creed, nationality, gender or any other background, who has ardent desire to explore the possibilities of Yoga, and wants to take his/her knowledge and practice of Yoga, at next level, can join this course. However, a candidate should have age between 18 yrs to 60 yrs, and should not have any serious disease.
This 300 hour YTTC program in India, is intensive, therefore, in case of any injury, ailments, or pregnancy a candidate is advised to consult the medical doctor, before joining the course. Adwait Yoga School may ask the permission from an authorized Medical consultant, in such cases.
Our School adheres to our lineage, teaching methods, ethics and discipline of Yoga and Yogic Culture, which may dissimilar to western culture and style of Yoga, so, that could be like ordeal to western mindset, but at the end, this training course would certainly prove as life transforming, to the trainees.
Yoga is not limited to only Asana or the physical exercises, but consists of holistic practices also, like Pranayama, Bandha, Mudra, Kundalini, Kriya, Meditation, Chanting, Recitation, and Enlightenment. A competent Yoga Teacher or Trainer must have knowledge of these essential ingredients of Yoga, so, our School would train for these essential parts of Yoga also. Therefore, we request to every participant to make the mind up accordingly.
In order to deliver safe & excellent training, as also to follow the healthy environment, in case, a candidate appears unfit and violating the aforesaid requirements, our Institution has right to revoke the trainee’s course immediately, with no-refunds.
Which Yoga Style is taught in 300-hour Yoga TTC at Adwait Yoga School?
Adwait Yoga School belongs to the lineage of Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, and Adhyatma (Spiritual) Yoga, and Ayurveda, therefore, we teach the following Yoga Styles at our School:
- Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
- Adhyatma Yoga
Though, we sincerely follow the above-mentioned traditional Yoga Styles, at the same time, we value the modern Scientific researches in human anatomy, physiology, health and medical science. So, our approach to Yoga is traditional, but based on modern health research & developments.
Scheduled Dates for 300 hr Yoga TTC
Following are scheduled dates for 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course, at Adwait Yoga School, New Delhi (INDIA)
|Center Location||Commencement Date||Fee Non-residential||Fee Residential (Shared Room)||Fee Residential (Private Room)|
|New Delhi, Malviya Nagar||Tue Sep 01 2020||70,000|
|New Delhi, Malviya Nagar||Thu Oct 01 2020||70,000|